About The MENA Regional Platform
The MENA regional platform is one of six regional communication and coordination platforms led by civil society. Supported by The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria, they ensure that civil society and communities are effectively engaged and dynamic in their contribution to the development, implementation and oversight of programmes in countries financed by The Global Fund.
Objectives of The MENA Platform
- Improve knowledge and participation of civil society actors and community groups of Global Fund grant processes.
- Enhance the impact of The Global Fund and responses to the three pandemics through strengthened engagement of civil society and communities affected by HIV/AIDS, TB and malaria.
- Expand access to technical assistance for civil society and community groups through better coordination between ITPC-MENA, the Community, Rights and Gender (CRG) strategic initiative, and other technical assistance partners at national, regional and global levels.
- Support strategic capacity-building initiatives for the benefit of civil society and communities by fostering spaces for engagement and collective participation in key decision-making processes, particularly with respect to community, rights and gender.
- Mapping of partners
- Information and communication
- Dialogue and experience sharing (working groups)
- Coordination and harmonization
- Knowledge production
- Capacity building (organization of workshops at regional level)
- Technical assistance